Life After Children

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Church

Tonight's church service was ok. The songs weren't
ones that I knew really well so singing wasn't quite
the rush it normally is. The sermon was Faith is Reaching
Out. It was a great sermon about no longer "walking by"
those who don't know the Lord. It was about loving one
person until they come to know how much the Lord loves
them. It was a great sermon.

However, it kind of took away from it when they started
talking about building on to current worship center. I'm
not sure why, but it bothered me. Almost like a set up.
I know that was not his intention, but it just didn't set
right with me.

Those of you who don't know the Lord: I pray there is
someone in your life living with the Lord in their heart.
Watch them. They are certainly not perfect. But they are
loved & because they are loved they are pure, true & honest.
You too can experience that love. Ask. They will tell you.

1 Comments:

  • Very good post! I see it really hit home by what you wrote at the end. Very good! Well done.

    I understand about that feeling. I usually turn off the TV or change the station when that subject comes up.

    Some of us give what we can, some of us give more, some-less. You do not bring this up in Church!

    Remember Christ overturning the tables outside of the inner Temple? That is what you were experiencing, and do not let anyone say different.

    There is a time and a place for everything. What if there was someone new to the Lord or trying to decide, and this topic comes up? Give me a break! We have lost them.

    Not only did we lose them, we drove them away from the Almighty Arms of God! For shame.

    PS. Yes, I know I said that strongly. I also know I have felt terrible in the past when I had not even a penny to put in the plate. Am I supposed to feel guilty because I am poor, or am I supposed to learn about God? Hmm...

    By Blogger Rosemary Welch, at 12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home