Life After Children

Friday, January 20, 2006

Just another day

Oh man am I tired tonight. It has been one heck of a
week. Let's see....we start with Tuesday. My son
fractured his ankle. Good thing I work for an orthopedic
surgeon...and the day the school called my doc happened
to be on call. Still...you never want your kiddo to be
hurt. The school called me & I had just walked in the
door from lunch. The xrays show an evulsion fracture of
his left ankle (through the growth plate). He was a hard
kid to cast too. We ended up having to cast him 4 times
to get it right. Incredible we just couldn't get his
ankle into 90 degrees. But at least he can walk
now....albeit slow.

Tuesday night (when he was in a cast that he couldn't quite
walk in)...he got sick in the middle of the night. I don't
remember holding the can while kids puke being in the
parenting contract (ha ha).

Wednesday while doing the laundry I discovered that my 11 year old daughter had started her period. We had to have the talk & go shopping....the whole nine yards. I so wasn't ready for this. I guess I knew it was coming, but I thought maybe I had a year or so.

AAAAACCCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!!!

The mother's primal scream!

1 Comments:

  • And you scream so well! lol.

    I'm sorry to hear about your son. You did a good job, holding him Tuesday night. I'll bet one day you may even be his hero. :)

    By Blogger Rosemary Welch, at 12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home