Life After Children

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

My (not so) WONDERFUL boys

My boys are killing me. I received a call from the
youngest's teacher today. Apparently he is not listening
at school. Big surprise....he hasn't been listening at
home either. Then my other son was brought home early
because he is being the BOSS. In his hand he had 10
sheets of paper where Karla made him write "I AM NOT
THE BOSS".

There are times when I feel like I'm totally failing as a
parent. I try to remind myself that they are only five &
six. They would be in a much worse place if they hadn't
come to live with us. I think about how they would have
been living if they weren't here. That is terrifying.
They are good kids for the most part. Every now and then
though they go through this spurt of less than spectacular
behavior.

Why is being a parent so difficult? Shouldn't there be a handbook?

1 Comments:

  • You poor kid! lol. So he wants to be the boss? What initiative! Leadership skills. Who knows, maybe one day he will become President of the United States of America!

    In other words, teach him about boundaries, that is our JOB (grr), but let him expand his visions in controlled manners.

    Plan something where you will actually be the boss, but pretend he is the boss. Then when he tries to be the boss, you can refer back to that lesson. You can say, "Do you remember how well you did when we did 'x'?

    He will. Then you can explain to him about differences in times and places! You will win him over, because you trusted him to be the boss (so he thinks!) lol.

    I hear your love for them. You are doing a great job. Did you not to experiment with boundaries? Oh, come on now! I did! lol.

    This is the day our MOTHERS promised would haunt us because of what we put them through! OMG! :)

    By Blogger Rosemary Welch, at 1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home