Life After Children

Sunday, October 02, 2005

October 2, 2005: Quiet Sunday

Alright. The weekend is almost over. Why you ask? Because my
sister-in-law was here for the weekend. All in all it went well
enough, but I'm still glad she has left the building. Man, I
had no idea what a stress family can be on a marriage. My
husband and I totally got into it over her coming to town &
staying at our house.

You see, she isn't very nice. She's certainly not nice to me
& she is not nice to my husband. She only calls when she needs
something. I swore I was done subjecting myself to her. Apparently
my husband didn't think I was serious. He certainly didn't take me
saying no well. My mom called and said, "you aren't going to win
this one...just walk in & say your sorry & let her stay". So
that is what I did.

I survived much to my chagrin. We did score some good stuff though
with her visit. She was in town to clean out the shed at the house
she is now renting out. We were able to take the stuff she couldn't
take back to GF with her. So...we made a haul. And when you live
paycheck to paycheck you take any help you can get! Let me hear an
AMEN!

Today, the husband was sick so we mostly sat around and watched
football. I did do laundry & run to the grocery store. Other
than that...it was just a quiet Sunday. The kind of Sunday I like
the most.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home